In an emergency, communication between first responders is critical. In many commercial buildings, however, the radio signals needed for this communication can be weak, putting first responders and anyone else in the building at risk. An Emergency Responder Radio Communication System, or ERRCS, allows firefighters, law enforcement, and other first responders to use existing communications systems inside buildings, maintaining vital lines of communication when they are needed most. Bi-Directional Amplifiers, or BDAs, work in a similar fashion, boosting signals through the use of a system of antennas.
Layer One Technologies is an industry leader in ERRC/BDA System installation and service. Our experienced technicians will get the job done right, every time. Contact Layer One today!
Charlotte ERRC/BDA System Installation & Service
Building and fire codes often dictate the ERRC/BDA systems. Certain architectural features like concrete walls, and Low-E Glass limit how much signal can penetrate a building. For these reasons, it is best to work with a professional contractor that can analyze the need for equipment, design a proper system, install it and provide Authorities Having Jurisdiction (AHJ) with the necessary documentation that allows them to sign off on the Certificate of Occupancy.
- The first step is to determine the survey of the building’s current signal levels by someone qualified and with proper credentials. If there is sufficient signal strength, then we generate documentation including the metrics, provide a Certificate of Compliance, dialog with the AHJ as necessary and the process is complete.
- If signal strength does not meet the AHJ’s requirements, we are engaged to design and install an ERRCS that will meet these requirements.
- Once the system has been correctly installed and verified, the system is commissioned with a final survey from which documentation is generated along with a Certificate of Compliance.
- Once the system has been correctly installed, a test will be conducted to ensure all components are working properly in advance of system commissioning.
- A final survey is completed where performance metrics are generated and included in a documentation package along with a Certificate of Compliance.
- We dialog with the AHJ as needed to assist in the sign-offs necessary for a Certificate of Occupancy.
What are the Benefits of the ERRC System?
First and foremost, an effective ERRC system will allow emergency responders to maintain two-way radio communication during an emergency. Whether a firefighter needs to alert their team to a certain location or a law enforcement officer needs to call for backup while inside the building, they won’t need to worry about a weak signal or poor connection.
Another benefit of having an ERRCS is to meet the fire safety requirements for your area. Most major cities have mandated the installation of ERRC or BDA systems in buildings over 12,000 square feet, especially if those have 3 or more levels. Your ERRCS will need to be in place and in working order to pass a fire inspection.
Contact Layer One Technologies Today
Layer One Technologies was established in Charlotte, North Carolina in 2007. Since that time, our company has grown to become an industry leader for data cabling and custom-tailored technology solutions, including the installation of ERRC systems. Not only are we recognized for our professional expertise, but we also take pride in our commitment to customer satisfaction. Contact us today to learn more about our ERRCS and BDA installation services.